Ritron’s locomotive radio is a ground-up, “purpose-built” radio transceiver. The product does not use an embedded mobile radio as the RF platform. The RCCR transceiver is specifically designed for the railroad enviroment, providing optimized RF performance, user functionality and enhanced serviceability.
FCC Narrow Band Compliant.
Dual-Mode capable. Wideband (25 kHz) or Narrowband (12.5kHz)
Tri-Mode capble. Factory installed or “field-Upgradeable” directly to
digital Tri-Mode operation, supports NXDN™ FDMA firstname.lastname@example.org kHz
operation with optional plug-in PCB.
- One-piece and two-piece models available.
- All-metal, rugged enclosure for maximum durability.
- Large, easy-to-read LED display with wide viewing angle, long viewing distance and ruggedness.
- Automatic dimming in low light environments.
- Front panel push buttons are large and flush mounted to ensure correct entry and backlit for low light operation.
- Large speaker provides loud, crisp, easy-to-understand audio.
- Oversized easy-to-grasp carrying handle allows for hassle-free radio transport.
- Manufacturer 2 year limited warranty.
- Special emphasis on easy access and serviceability of all internal PCBs and related electronics. Assembly/disassembly straightforward by service personnel.
- Supports data operation with optional modem plug-in PCB.
- Dual front-end design; narrow front-end with dual surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters for AAR channels and wider front-end for
general VHF operation.
- Appropriate front-end is automatically selected for channel/frequency chosen.
- Supports 170 MHz Mexican frequencies via wide front-end.
- Tight RF specifications for urban environments. Frequency stability supports FCC 6.25 kHz requirements.
- Internal flash memory and program code externally upgradeable
- High VSWR Alert:
While transmitting, radio automatically shows [ANTENNA] on the display if it detects an antenna VSWR greater than 3:1. Provides quick visibility of a problem due to a faulty antenna connection at the radio, the cable or the antenna itself. Reduces downtime and increases safety by ensuring maximum radio performance.
- Completely designed, manufactured, and supported by Ritron’s factory in Carmel, Indiana USA.